Team Canna loves an Italian every now and then, but sometimes the office gets a bit fed up of domino’s – so we spice things up with a pasta dish every now and then with some CBD Pasta.
Pasta is one of our favourite CBD-infused edibles. Putting CBD oil in cheesy carbonara or a creamy Béchamel sauce is a great way to incorporate CBD into a savoury dish.
Baked pasta, like mac and cheese or lasagne, can also make good edibles. Again, just make sure not to bake them at too high of a temperature.
For satisfying your craving for Italian food, pasta is a better choice than pizza. Pizza needs to be baked at a high temperature, so any ingredient you add the oil to would have the CBD evaporated out of it.
When deciding how much CBD oil to add to the pasta sauce, always start off slow. It’s better to make the dish too weak the first time around, and know that you’ll need to add more the next time.
We recommend adding around 10ml of our traditional CBD extract to start with.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 200g sliced pancetta, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 egg yolks (at room temperature)
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 75g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon Canna CBD Traditional Oil
- Step 1Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of Canna CBD traditional Oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add pancetta and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until pancetta is crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Step 2Whisk egg yolks, eggs, cream and three-quarters of the parmesan together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Add egg mixture and pancetta mixture to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss over low heat until well combined. Serve with remaining parmesan.